[pchelpers] Re: Article: Why the FCC should die

  • From: "George" <georgetcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 10:05:42 -0400

I see talk of telephone service (which affects PCHelpers on dialup)
VoIP (which some of us might want or even need to use)
PC Tuner cards (which could affect some of us when upgrading)
Mosaic (the author submitting that the FCC keeps us in the kind of
technology stall we would see if we were still using Mosaic today-- Any
PCHelpers prefer Mosaic?)

I think it could be argued that members of PCHelpers could be affected by
what the FCC does or does not plan to do. It was my understanding from a
recent survey that was taken that the majority of PCHelpers members are
interested in having links to articles about technology made available for
those who are interested to click on. Judging from the title of the article
that it was probably just another "Down With The Government" rant, I passed
on engaging the link to the article when another newsletter I get presented
it. I read the article here to see why some feel it totally irrelevant to
PCHelpers and I don't see your reasoning, though I was not personally
interested in it. Was it only supposed to be for the moderator to send links
to articles he thought others might find interesting or amusing? Why is
anything not approved by the moderator allowed to come through? Should I
expect to find open censure if an article I suggest finds others
uninterested? These are not rhetorical questions, John. I sincerely want to
get pinned down in my mind just what is acceptable here and what is not. It
is a great place to be, thanks to you, and I want to see the kinks worked
out to make it a better experience for everyone.

George
+++
My darkness inside is full of stars - and each one has a name.