[patriots] POLICE caution mentally deficient person

  • From: john TIMBRELL <johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 08:12:21 +0000

The police caution a mentally deficient person for a crime he cannot commit
The first word of a burglary charge  is DISHONESTLY. This is a necessary
element of the offence.This type of thing needs publicity. So the police crime
detection rate goes up.
I would put money on it that the 'solicitor' that attended was only a
solicitors clerk and yet the fee claimed for attending will be a solicitor's
fee. Please publicise this.

Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 07:59:19 +0000
From: mail@xxxxxxxxxx
To: johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Arrested for forgetting his baseball cap

Change.org Responsive Template Baseline

                              john - There's a new petition taking off on
Change.org, and we think you might be interested in signing it:

                                            Victor Olisa: Withdraw the police
caution given to my 19-year-old with Downs Syndrome.

  By Roshina AL-Faisal

                                                London

                                                  Sign the Petition

My 19-year old son Abdulkarriem who has Down’s Syndrome was arrested,
handcuffed and held in a police cell for nine terrifying hours after trying to
go to school on a Bank Holiday to collect his favourite basketball cap that he
had left in the classroom.

He left the house without us realising, and he walked to his school – Haringey
Sixth Form Centre in Tottenham. He climbed through a window, which set off the
alarm. The police came and arrested him and took him to the cells for
questioning.

We called police to report him missing after searching streets near our home
for two hours, and we were horrified to learn he had been arrested.

I went to the police station and found my son confused and in tears in a cell
without his shoes or coat. His fingerprints had been taken, he had been swabbed
for DNA and his details had been put on record. Abdulkarriem was only released
nine hours later, after the intervention of a lawyer and his school’s head of
disability and learning support. The police had made him sign a caution for
burglary. This will mean he has a criminal record.

Abdulkarriem told me he had been kicked by the police officers and forced to
the floor, and an officer had put his knee in his back. My son has a heart
condition. When we got a lawyer to come to the police station the police
refused to let the lawyer go to be with him in the cell.

This is an outrageous way to treat any young person, let alone someone as
vulnerable as Abdulkarriem who has a Learning Disability.

Please sign this petition to ask the police to withdraw the caution, apologise
to Abdul and his family and to stop this from happening to other young people.

                                      Sign the Petition

  The person (or organisation) who started this petition is not affiliated with
Change.org. Change.org did not create this petition and is not responsible for
the petition content.

This email was sent by Change.org to johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx.
You can edit your email preferences or unsubscribe from Change.org emails.

Start a petition on Change.org

Mailing Address: 216 West 104th Street, Suite #130 · New York, NY 10025 · USA