[pasmembers] Re: Perseids

  • From: "insanas" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "insanas@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:14:40 -0700

Pete, I only counted from 10 pm until 12 pm. After that the clouds got worse. I
got 16 Perseids and 2 sporadic from 10 to 11 , and 30 Perseids and 3 sporadic
from 11 to 12. I got these figures from what I saw and also from what other PAS
members shouted out that I missed.  I then filled out the International Meteor
Organization form that Alex provided us, and sent it in. Within a few days the
IMO published the data on their website. Only a few dozen from the US sent in
the data but over a hundred sent results in from many other countries in the
world.If others in PAS want help in recording future meteor showers for the
IMO, Alex and I would be happy to help anyone out since the forms are
comprehensive and a little intimidating.This is a fun way to do some astronomy
research .  Sam