[pasmembers] Re: Music Jam Dec 22 at Mike's home in Carefree with potluck

  • From: Tim Jones <timj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 11:23:57 -0700

I think you need to consider more than just treble or bass clef (G clef and F
clef were archaic terms when I was in school in 1970… :-D).  The real question
is one of transposition -

If you're just looking at C instruments - Piano, normally tuned guitar and
bass, Flute, Xylophone, or megaphone (voice), you'll need more that the simple
song-book sheet music.  Alto Sax is Eb, Tenor Sax, Clarinet, Trumpet are all
Bb...  Unless Sam can sight-transpose or has a C Piccolo Trumpet, his music
will need to be transposed for a Bb instrument.

Since music is what I did before I became an engineer, I thought I'd at least
remind you of that little issue :-).  Sorry I can't be there, but It's still
not possible to be on 2 continents (let alone 2 cities) at the same time.

Tim