[pasmembers] Ask PAS

  • From: <jcollins79@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 1:42:58 -0400

Someone at the TriZetto conference @ JW Marriott last night asked me if there
is an astronomy group similar to PAS in L.A. near Whittier, CA?  He just
purchased a Meade telescope and would like to go to something like our
telescope workshop or meet-ups where he can bump into people to help him learn
how to use his telescope.

I checked Whittier Community College. They have a small physics/astronomy
program that prepares people for PhD study, but I couldn't find anything about
active astronomy groups there or closeby. I am hoping someone in our group may
have some 'stellar' suggestions I can pass on to him.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I asked the event participant for some basic
information (like his name and telescope model), but all he left me was his
girlfriend's business card with an email to send info back....

Regards
Joe Collins