[pasmembers] Re: Tonights eclipse in review

  • From: insanas@xxxxxxx
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 20:54:04 -0400 (EDT)

My wife and I went to a friend's wedding at a winery north of Prescott from 2
to 5 pm on Sunday May 20th. Right afterward we set up the PST and the 8 inch
newtonian with the solar filter. The wedding guests enjoyed the sunspots, solar
flares, and the 90% solar eclipse. Most had never looked through a telescope
before. I also passed around the solar filter eyeglasses for people to enjoy
the eclipse.  Afterwards, about 20 of the guests remained to see Venus and then
Saturn. The wine, food, and the eclipse made for a great wedding experience.
Sam