[panels] Re: Voltage Range for ADC inputs?

  • From: Gaby Maimon <maimon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: panels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:04:43 -0700

Hi Jon--
I'm 90% certain that the wingbeat analyzer often has 0-12 V output setting (defualt) as well as 0-6 V setting, or thereabouts (the one you want) -- there's a physical switch that needs to be toggled on the wingbeat analyzer boards, as explained in the manual. Even when in the 0-6 V setting want to position the fly such that the voltage outputs never exceed 5 V, even with the largest wingbeat amplitudes, as 5 V is the maximum expected by the controller board (I believe).
hope this helps,
Gaby

On Oct 3, 2008, at 12:48 PM, Jon Dyhr wrote:

Hi Everyone,

We are having problems interfacing our wing beat analyzer with the panel controller board. The outputs from our wing beat analyzer are anywhere from -12V to +12V, but as far as we can tell the controller ADC inputs should range from 0-5V. Is this correct? If so, how do you interface the wing beat
analyzer with the panel controller?

Thanks,
Jon

Jon Dyhr
Graduate Research Associate
Neuromorphic Vision and Robotic Systems Lab (Higgins Lab)
University of Arizona
http://neuromorph.ece.arizona.edu/

Phone: (520)-621-4296
Fax:   (520)-621-2478