[panels] Re: Voltage Range for ADC inputs?

  • From: Mark Frye <frye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: panels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:58:34 -0700

Is this one of Dave Smith's analyzers? If so, then you use the Signal Out (NOT the wingbeat amplitude signals, but rather the 'raw' signal out - be sure to switch on the filter, not the raw detector signal) to ADC inputs such that L->ADC0, R->ADC1

I'm not sure about the +-12V reading. Your Signal Out for each wing should be 0-5, don't be fooled by the DVMs which read in mV.

good luck

Mark A. Frye
Assistant Professor
UCLA Department of Physiological Science
http://www.physci.ucla.edu/research/frye

Jon Dyhr wrote:
Hi Everyone,

We are having problems interfacing our wing beat analyzer with the panel
controller board.  The outputs from our wing beat analyzer are anywhere from
-12V to +12V, but as far as we can tell the controller ADC inputs should range
from 0-5V.  Is this correct?  If so, how do you interface the wing beat
analyzer with the panel controller?

Thanks,
Jon

Jon Dyhr
Graduate Research Associate
Neuromorphic Vision and Robotic Systems Lab (Higgins Lab)
University of Arizona
http://neuromorph.ece.arizona.edu/

Phone: (520)-621-4296
Fax:   (520)-621-2478