[oz-food] Re: Margherita fathead pizza for lunch

  • From: Vicki Taylor <vicki@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oz-food@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 18:04:30 +1000

Hi Justin,
I do find the preheating annoying – it doesn’t allow me control, which always annoys me. 😂
But on the whole I love the machine!
Today’s pizza on the pre-cooked crust was even better than yesterday’s.

Last week I did chicken skewers. You don’t get the char – breast cooks too quickly – but our barbecue isn’t set up here so it worked for us.

Vicki. :-)

Hi Vicky, I really need to expand my repertoire for the air fryer. It’s largely been chips, spuds and the odd chook. I’ve read a few times about the benefits of pre-heating, and I sometimes do mine for a minute or two longer. How are you finding the vortex? justin From: oz-food-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <oz-food-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxOn Behalf Of Vicki Taylor
Sent: Sunday, 5 June 2022 2:00 PM
To: oz-food@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [oz-food] Margherita fathead pizza for lunch I am advancing my quest to regain my air fryer mojo! Today was pizza. The recipe makes 2 smallish bases of a size to fit a drawer-type air fryer. My old air fryer drawer had a smaller surface area than the Instant Vortex Plus, and I automatically shaped the first base in a squareish shape to fit the old one. It looked tiny in there ha ha. I made the second one round. We ate the square one and I’ve pre-cooked the round one to reheat and top tomorrow, as I work from home on Mondays. The IVP insists on preheating which is really annoying ha ha… but I think food cooks a bit quicker in it too and suspect that’s probably why. Anyway, it was yummy, as fathead pizza tends to be! Mmm mmm. Vicki. :-)  Lunch!  The second base. The underside is browner, however I leave the top a bit lighter knowing it will be further browned when the topping is on.

JPEG image