[overture] mast-sail

  • From: Alessandro Orchini <aorchini@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:50:54 +0200

Hi all,

I want to generate a grid similar to the 2d mast-sail grid in the examples, and
then make this grid move under the RigidBodyMotion class.

I noticed that actually in this way I build up 2 separate physical boundaries
("sail-grid" and "stretched-mast-grid" in the sampleGrids), that are connected
sharing a part of the boundary.

I wonder if is then possible to run this grid under the RigidBodyMotion Class:

Which grid(s) should I move?
If both of them, does the shared boundary option take into account that part of
the sail is included in two different grids when computing fluid-dynamic forces
on the whole body?

Since I'm not sure about this, I tried to build a unique spline mapping, and to
construct a hyperbolic grid on it, but I cannot find good parameters and I
always encounter errors like

"HyperbolicMapping:ERROR: A negative volume has been detected at step..."

Can this be connected to the fact that my polygon is concave?
And is actually the hyperbolic way a better solution?

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro