[overture] Re: Overture Error

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:02:25 -0800

Hi Omar:

  From the main Overture directory run the command

g++   -DCHECKFORSTL -c config/checkTemplate.C

and see if some errors are generated. For some
reason the Overture/configure script does
not think this file compiles.

...Bill

Omar Quijano wrote:
Dr. Henshaw,

I do not understand the following error:

Checking for STL availability. $STLINC=

***ERROR: STL is not available.
I am unable to compile the test code config/checkTemplate.C with the command:
    g++   -DCHECKFORSTL -c config/checkTemplate.C
 or with the command
    g++   -DCHECKFOROLDSTL -c config/checkTemplate.C
 Set the enviromental variable STL to point to the directory holding STL
 The current value for $STL is []
NOTE that $STL should be the include path specification such as in `-I/usr/lib/STL'

Could you guide me to resolve this so that I can compile Overture succesfully?

Thank you,

Omar