[overture] Re: OpenMotif and RedHat Linux Virtual Machine

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anima Dinesh <animadinesh@xxxxxxxxx>, freelists <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:13:24 -0800

Hi Anima,

  I am not familiar with the "RedHat Linux Virtual Machine"
but normally Motif comes with Red-Hat and is found in
either /usr/X11R6/lib or /usr/lib

I have not but OpenMotif in a long time so I don't know
the issues anymore.

Regards,
  Bill

Anima Dinesh wrote:
hi Bill,
Thanks much! I have downloaded everything and am setting things up on a RedHat Linux Virtual Machine. I think there is some problem with openMotif though. Attached is a screenshot of the error I get when I do a make for openMotif following the instructions in the documentation on your website. Also, before Overture install there are some instructions to setup some environment variables. For MOTIF again I am not able to find those files libXm.so and libXm.a so Overture configure fails saying MOTIF is not correct. So I am thinking something is wrong with openMotif-2.2.1 itself that I downloaded.. I also tried 2.2.2 but the same thing happened. Can you please advise? Thanks much,
Anima