[overture] Installing Overture on Ubuntu - Full Instruction - As promissed

  • From: Mohammad Abouali <maboualiedu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:59:43 -0800

Dear All,

As I promised, I have documented the full instruction procedure to
install Overture on a freshly installed Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. There are
many packages required before installing Overture, such as
x11proto-print-dev. All those packages are listed. I tested the
procedure twice on two different systems, so if I haven't missed any
step when writing, this should work.

Here is the link to the instruction:
http://mabouali.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/installing-overture-on-a-freshly-installed-ubuntu/
Although you guys already have installed Overture and don't need the
instruction above. But it doesn't do harm to share.

Hope the above instruction becomes handy for someone in future.

regards

Mohammad