[overture] Re: Building v24 on Blue Gene P

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 16:49:43 -0700

Hi Joe,

 We don't really have a good document to provide you with the info that
I think you want.   In terms of published results, a number of our papers have
a section
on performance of a particular code. Probably the best to look at are
the Maxwell paper (p. 22 and 28) :

https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/Overture/henshaw/publications/henshawMaxwell2006.pdf

and the elasticity paper, p 36,

https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/Overture/henshaw/publications/AppeloBanksHenshawSchwendemanSmog2011.pdf

and the paper on parallel AMR for reactive flows, p 26.

https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/Overture/henshaw/publications/henshawSchwendemanPOG2008.pdf

In terms of machines Overture has run on I think we started out
on a Vax  or IBM 4341(?) -- but maybe you don't want to go
back that far -- otherwise we now have run mainly on Linux clusters.

Regards,
   Bill

On 04/02/2012 01:29 PM, J. P. Bernstein wrote:
Hello Bill,

Would you be able to send me some information about specific machines Overture
has been run on and some performance metrics on those machines? I am putting
together an application for discretionary time on the Argonne Blue Gene/P and
including such information would be very beneficial.

Best,

Joe