[ourlunchgroup] Re: I wanted to share this

  • From: Jarom Denton <smileybob234@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourlunchgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 19:52:39 -0600

JACEY!!! YOU DID IT!!!! I applaud your amazingness and iron woman like
qualities!! you deserve a poem. I wrote this poem to a theme given by Erica
Bringhurst. In Anat/Phys, she Lettie, and I were giving ideas to her title
THE LOST UNICORN.... unfortunately, the thing we were giving here did not
meet the criteria, so she did not use my poem... but I wrote this for you
jacey!
The Lost Toy Unicorn
    I am a lost toy, a lost unicorn
    I was afflicted ever since I was born
    For I was born without a horn
    What shall I do? I'll eat some corn

    I'm lost, oh whatever shall I do?
    This evokes sadness, and I cry boo hoo...
    I'm out of batteries... I'm out of plugs
    OH! NO! I see some thugs!!!

    They come to take my dignity, my pride, my joy
    The very reason that I'm a toy!
    My sticker that says "Made in China"
    Iv'e decided here and now, I'll move to South Carolina

    I'm packing now, oh what should I bring?
    I have nothing, not even a unicorn wing
    I'm not majestic, I'm not petite
    I often cannot see my feet

    I've decided I have enough
    With all the fluff that stuffs my stuff
    Who needs baggage? that will slow me down
    I'd be a blockhead, another Charlie Brown

    So goodbye all! I'm finally going
    I'm ending this part of life, which is so plateauing
    I'm moving on so C'est la vie!
    This may be the end of me

    I'm gone, if you happen to visit,
    remember me and we'll chat and sit
    I cannot wait until that day
    I'm a lost toy unicorn.... so hey!
- Jarom
I'm thinking of getting published!! congrats!!!! you are ironwoman!