[otb] Otb Update - I read the news today, Oh boy!

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:03:48 -0400

November 16, 2005

Dear Friends and Family in the Lord:

There was a bride, a groom, an especially beautiful and totally ethnic wedding
group in a large and beautiful hotel in exotic Jordan on the other side of the
world.  Suddenly there is carnage, unbelievable in real life, and a convention
of physicians coincidentally in the building, rush to help the wounded and
dying.  The groom is on his knees beside the body of his father, who will die,
along with the father of the bride.  How much can a family take.  How much
will the American public take from these networks of ours.

But wait.  It reads like the back of a really scary DVD jacket or a new
Wednesday night lineup to follow ?Lost? but this is real life.  There was the
lovely wife of the bomber, shown strapped to her own cache of explosives.  She
and her husband watched the celebration with the other hotel guests and then
when the maximum amount of wedding guests would be clustered together in a
traditional dance, they detonated.  She was captured after fleeing the
building when her bomb didn?t detonate.  She watched her husband as his
explosives did go off, killing at least fifty guests of the hotel and wedding
celebrants.  It is almost too much to fathom that cold-ness.  No remorse, just
the facts.

We relate to the people of Jordan who watch the television in shocked horror.
 We remember that feeling as we watched the towers fall.  We feel the hatred
they showed us, though they have never met us.   Like James and John, we would
call down fire from heaven to consume them all, and who would tell us we were
wrong?!  It will hurt, but I will tell you who...Jesus would.

I remember now.  Christ turned to them and said ?Ye know not what manner of
Spirit you are of.? They were defending the honor of the most honorable man
ever to walk the face of the earth, weren?t they?  The Samaritan town had just
rejected Him.  Surely the Sons of Thunder had cause!  His answer, ?For the Son
of Man is not come to destroy men?s lives, but to save them.? (Luke 9:51-56)
What?s more, II Peter 2:9 says ?The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out
of temptations, and to reserve the unjust, unto the day of judgment, to be
punished.? If we are not to seek retribution and be filled with hatred, what
then?  ?Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of
the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost; teaching them to observe
all things whatsoever I have commanded you...?  That?s a lot to ask, but He
also said, ?...and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.?
   He loves them, as He loved us when we were ungodly, misguided,
selfish,...you name it.  He waits for them, as He waited for us.

Lord, please help me see them as you do.  Help me to pray for them, and seek
them as You do.  As I see the hardness in her eyes, soften my heart to Your
mission.   Amen.

God bless you all, and Godspeed,

Linda Schiro
http://otbusa.org

P.S.  This is where I usually put a statement that makes you go ?hmmmm?  One
of the greatest ever written is this, ?Unless a kernel of wheat falls to the
earth and dies, it remains only a single seed.  But if it dies, it produces
many seeds.? (John 12:24) Hmmmm.

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.