[otb] 11-03-05 OTB Update.

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 13:20:47 -0400

Dear Friends and Family in the Lord:

It is a beautiful morning here and we are enjoying the mild autumn that is
Kentucky.   The colors are beautiful, but every breeze swirls a bunch more
leaves down the holler.  Soon the trees will be bare. We would spend more time
enjoying the porch, but we are busy trying to fill our schedule for this fall
and winter.  We need to stop for a minute because we have some urgent prayer
needs to share with you.

While we were having the brakes worked on because of noises, the mechanic said
that one of them was coming from the transmission. (Yes, the one we replaced
two summers ago.)  Well, we drove it carefully because we didn?t have money to
replace it again yet, and started looking for one.  It decided it couldn?t
wait, and stopped working day before yesterday.  A friend from Oakdale came
and got us and another lent us his car to get around for a couple days.  Vic
is looking at where to have it repaired, and what our options are.  The
vehicle we were looking to purchase has way too many problems.  One that is
for sale for cheap has the wrong transmission and other problems.  Vic is
looking at one at our neighbor?s that is two years older than ours, but about
60 thousand miles newer.

For those of you in the ?I can?t believe they haven?t gotten rid of that van
by now!? club, please be patient with us.  We have been looking, but our
pockets are still empty and our calendar isn?t very full, so we are just
looking.  For those of you in the ?It?s cheaper to fix what you have than to
buy something different and find out it needs stuff too.? camp, please be
patient with us.  We would have understood that philosophy except that we are
on the second or third round of replacing some of the stuff on this van.  We?d
really like the right tool for the job this time, but are not coming up with
it.  Meantime...

Here is the prayer request:

Please pray that the Lord blesses the friends who are taking care of our most
immediate need for transportation while we try to get this one fixed.

Pray that Vic will get the part and repairman that can help us get this one up
and running, (We can?t afford to just shoot it.  It is still too nice.)

Pray that we can find the economical vehicle God has planned for us, while
selling the one we have, and find the finances, should there be a difference.
 God is gracious, and has cattle on a thousand hills.  We are more in the need
of horsepower, but I?ve seen Him oblige many times.

Pray that we remain faithful, no matter what.  Thank you so much!

Praising the God who loves us all, and provides for our needs greatly,

Vic and Linda

P.S.  In a country of free speech, why do I get such a huge phone bill every
month?

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.