[orebird] Re: Oregon eBird update (some things to chew on)

  • From: David Hewitt <dhewitt37@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:47:26 -0800

A few things:

(1) I vote for a conservative application of #2, certainly not #3. I'd be
fine even with being on the #1 end of a gradient between #1 and #2, but I
think the big wheels have come to some decisions about a minimum
expectation for all filters that makes #1 not OK.

(2) If someone wants to reach out to Tim B about Harney, I have his cell
phone number. I chatted with him at some length when I was over at Malheur
for work (last March or thereabouts), and I got the impression he was not
thrilled about ramping up eBird use, let alone reviewing.

(3) The only thing I know about gray-headed Bushtits is that I have never
seen them in Klamath and Kevin Spencer once told me "People come here and
claim to see the gray-headed ones, but I've never seen anything but brown
caps." I can't say I check every one I encounter, but I do look at them
when I get a clear look. So far, no gray heads.

- Dave Hewitt