[orebird] Re: A start on the path towards consistency in the treatment of subspecies and recognizable taxa

  • From: Jay Withgott <withgott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 13:34:34 -0800

Thanks very much, Dave.  This is exactly what we need to get started on this
process.

Perhaps we should proceed thusly?:
     (1) Each person who wants to contribute comments enter his/her notes
underneath each species one at a time, using a different color or font (one
color or font per person), and with last name or initials at the end.
     (2) Said person saves document, and then posts it to the Google document
site where Greg Haworth had placed our eBird reviewing team list.
     (3) As next person gets time to add comments (allowing for 2 or more tries
to avoid excessive head pain), this next person downloads latest version of
document from that Google site, adds his or her comments in a new color or
font, and then saves and re-posts this newest version.

Will this work?
Or should we just email our revised versions to the group by this listserv?
That's perhaps easier.

And shall we wait on Part Two, or go ahead with Part One?

Thanks again Dave (and eBird Central, of course),

Jay