[orebird] Re: Oregon eBird update and Ian Davies introduction

  • From: "Tom Crabtree" <tc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <orebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Ian Davies'" <id99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 15:40:34 -0800

Greg,

While researching Common Nighthawk records I came across this one that you
might want to consider invalidating.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S10342780 .  There are no other
west coast CONI records (other than a clearly invalid one from Nevada) in
April.  Twelve birds that early in the Cascades defies logic.  However at that
time of year Lesser Nighthawks are regular as far north as Chico.

Tom