Re: x$kghlu, Steve's shared_pool_lru_stats

  • From: "Tanel Poder" <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:08:50 +0200

Hi!
If your shared pool is split to several separate areas protected by  separate
shared pool child latches, then every shared pool area has  its own LRU lists,
thus x$kghlu reports a row for each of them.

Multiple shared pool areas feature is available from 9i - _kghdsidx_count
parameter controls how many shared pool areas/child latches are used (max is 7).

Also, if java pool is defined, x$kghlu reports one additional row in 10g, maybe
in 9i as well, I haven't checked (probably because java pool memory is managed
by the same KGH module which handles shared pool).

Tanel.