RE: x$kghlu, Steve's shared_pool_lru_stats

  • From: "Nahata, Naveen (US - Hyderabad)" <nnahata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <boris_dali@xxxxxxxx>, <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:01:52 -0600

This email caught my eyes browsing through 100s of unread ORACLE-L
email. I didn't find any answer to this question so decided to reply.

Boris,

The value of _kghsidx_count is dependent on 2 factors. One is the size
of shared pool and the other is CPU. Not sure if this algorithm is
absolutely right, but it is close.

_kghsidx_count =3D ROUND ( LEAST ( No. Of CPUs / 4, Shared Pool (in MB)/
128 ) )

Naveen