Re: unique constraint violation on 8i import but not on 9i

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 21:20:42 -0400

Mike can confirm it but we already exchanged couple emails so I know
that the error was exactly on index creation so the solution chosen
was manual correction (only few rows affected). Unfortunately, the
root cause of the problem is still unknown.

On 7/4/07, Alexander Fatkulin <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>The export taken from an 8i database fails on import into the same (newly
>rebuilt 8i database) with primary key violation.

Do the import with the ignore=y option then.

As Alex already said - PK is enabled AFTER table data is loaded.

After you load everything up you will end up without that violated PK
and some related FK's.

Do the "select col1, col2 from that_nasty_table group by having
count(*) > 1" and see what is causing duplicates. Maybe this will give
some clue.

HTH

--
Alexander Fatkulin

Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex http://blog.oracloid.com
BAAG party - www.BattleAgainstAnyGuess.com