Re: tier 1 TAR with production out of service and oracles phones don't work

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:02:17 -0700

Ryan,

I have never worked for Oracle Support. But I think I can help if you
if you provide me (offline) the details about the problem/SR# and some
short summary.

-Gopal

On 3/14/07, ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

has anyone here worked on oracle support in support of help tickets? How
hard is it to just transfer the ticket to someone else who has a working
phone?

I have had problems with support in the past. About 3 years ago we had a
production outage due to a bug in 9.2 RAC. Oracle wanted us to upgrade to
10g, but we had just upgraded to 9.2 and hit a bug so we refused. Plus it
was the first release of 10g. Then they told us they had a patch coming out
for our bug in 4 months... I had to have our VP and the client VP get on the
phone and talk to them to get them to write us a patch. Took a month and
they refused to provide a status.
From: "Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)"
<Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Can you hear me now?

 ________________________________

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/