RE: sreadtim and mreadtim < 1ms

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael Wehrle <michaelw436@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 12:10:12 -0700

Good idea, thanks.  I'll give it a try with one modification - I'll just flush
the Oracle and Linux buffer caches prior to testing rather than waiting for a
day.  I've got a test server identical to the production server where I can do
this without affecting performance for the users.  I suppose I might still get
some caching at the SAN level, so if I still get unrealistic numbers, then I'll
try waiting a while since I don't have access to flush the SAN cache.

Regards,
Brandon

From: Michael Wehrle [mailto:michaelw436@xxxxxxxxx]

. . . create a set of large tables . . .