Re: sreadtim and mreadtim < 1ms

  • From: Michael Wehrle <michaelw436@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 22:32:18 -0500

Brandon, what I did recently to ensure caching did not affect the results of
my system statistics testing was to create a set of large tables (approx 5Gb
in my case), and let those tables "sit" for a day or more to make sure
anything that was cached had a proper chance to be removed before my
testing. I went back in later and did a full table scan of each one of those
tables only once to test various MBRC settings. This test was very similar
to what Jonathan Lewis book explains for MBRC testing. I understand you are
trying SREADTIM and MREADTIM, which may be a bit different, but maybe this
though helps with how I got around any sort of caching.

Thanks,
Michael Wehrle