Re: selects on the data dictionary hang

  • From: "bill thater" <shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:54:32 -0600

was this database an upgrade?  and if so, was it upgraded "in place"?
i've seen this happen on that before.

On Dec 18, 2007 10:46 AM, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are running into something strange.  We have queries on the data
> dictionary hanging, while other queries appear to run correctly.  We are in
> Oracle 10gR2 on AIX.  It appears that Patrol is doing something that manages
> to hang itself and any other query or update on the data dictionary, such as
> statspack snapshots and statistics jobs.  We end up having to kill patrol
> and the other jobs to get things working again.  Has anyone else seen this
> or have an idea what is going on?
>
> --
> Andrew W. Kerber

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
       shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx
"He's one who knows that life is just a leap of faith,
so spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape."
-- "The Cape"