selects on the data dictionary hang

  • From: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:46:10 -0600

We are running into something strange.  We have queries on the data
dictionary hanging, while other queries appear to run correctly.  We are in
Oracle 10gR2 on AIX.  It appears that Patrol is doing something that manages
to hang itself and any other query or update on the data dictionary, such as
statspack snapshots and statistics jobs.  We end up having to kill patrol
and the other jobs to get things working again.  Has anyone else seen this
or have an idea what is going on?

--
Andrew W. Kerber