RE: recruiting for a good Oracle dba - am I being fair?

  • From: "Strickland, Mark" <mark.strickland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:11:15 -0700

The salary looks attractive for Florida but after being born and raised
in hot, humid, flat central Florida, I escaped to (literally) greener
(because it's wetter) pastures in Seattle.  Yes, there is the occasional
earthquake and WTO riot, plus a high cost of living and the grey skies,
but Seattle is beautiful, green, l-l-liberal, er, I mean progressive,
and recovering nicely after the dot-bomb era.   Boeing, Amazon,
Starbucks, Washington Mutual, Cingular, Microsoft and other
sugar-daddies are keeping us information workers in gainful employment.

Regards,
Mark Strickland
Seattle, WA