Re: pvid not updating on node2 on aix oracle rac install

  • From: Stefan Koehler <contact@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sundar Mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 11:37:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Sundar,
sorry for answering so late, but was pretty busy in the meantime.

Have you already crosschecked MOS ID #811293.1 ("RAC and Oracle Clusterware
Best Practices and Starter Kit (AIX)")? It contains a section called
"Storage Considerations", which describes the mentioned SCSI (reservation)
setting and PVID handling (MOS ID #353761.1). Please be aware of ASM disk
corruptions, if you do some PVID handling afterwards.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher
Homepage: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: @OracleSK

Sundar Mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx> hat am 28. April 2015 um 15:09
geschrieben:

Thanks Stefan. I have given this a pass since my sys admin is hesitant on
running rmdev/cfgmgr -s on node 2. He also said that odmget reports the
same value on both nodes for the same disk which is an alternate verification
process to setting the pvid. Hope i dont run into issues later.