Re: pl/sql to be desupported in favour of java?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:36:51 +1100

Powell, Mark D wrote,on my timestamp of 21/12/2006 5:56 AM:

We are actively writing new programs on the mainframe using COBOL and IMS.

who isn't, in the mainframe arena?
It's still by far the best bang-for-buck
language in that universe.

We even have a couple of Websphere java applications that fetch IMS data via the Web.

Mark, the first time I see confirmation
of j2ee Cobol programs I'll be personaly
rubbing it in the face of a few  "java experts"
I know of.  what goes around comes around...

COBOL will probably outlive all of us.

Of course it will. And anyone who tries
to claim the opposite is into statistics.
Or into hard drugs.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto