RE: pl/sql to be desupported in favour of java?

  • From: Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:54:55 -0800 (PST)

Oracle did a bunch of surveys of SOA customers to identify how they most
quickly leveraged SOA technology for quick wins.  Of the three patterns that
emerged as the most useful aspect of adopting SOA, extending the mainframe was
one of them.

  mainframes all have adapters that expose mainframe data/processes to SOA
based applications, so the idea is that you don't need the COBOL folks to
modify mainframe based procedures,  just use the adapters to expose the
data/functions as services to be orchestrated into new composite apps.

  There is a good white paper on the use cases/business value that came out of
that study.

  if anyone is interested, drop me an email, and I'll dig up the otn link, or
post my electronic copy of it.

  Job

Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Au contraire, my dear chap.
  When your managers start throwing around fancy buzzwords like .NET, J2EE,
XML, send them here:
    http://www.microfocus.com/products/netexpress/
  Micro Focus Net Express® is the market-leading COBOL development environment
for extending core business processes to the .NET Framework and other
distributed platforms. Powerful integration with Microsoft Visual Studio and
the .NET Framework plus direct COBOL Web services capabilities, J2EE
connectivity and XML support allow easy integration of existing and new COBOL
applications with leading enterprise technologies.
    Micro Focus Net Express® provides a complete environment for quickly
building and modernizing COBOL enterprise components and business applications.