RE: ot - laptop for dba

  • From: Claudia Zeiler <girlgeek@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 12:23:30 -0700

Guys, Thank you all for the input.

My use of this laptop is mainly to play with the new features of 11g.  I gather
that that is a definitive "You will have to install a VM to run 11g on Mac." I
know that the install SHOULD go smoothly.  Sometimes they do, and sometimes
they don't.  I think that I'll stick to a windows machine or maybe finally get
a Linux one  as I have been threatening ever since I got my Vista machine.

Thank you all for the informed input.

-Claudia