Re: oracle rac 10g and OS clusterware.

  • From: Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:11:03 +1000

Hi Ujang

Yes you need clusterware, this controls many behaviours of the RAC
cluster, it contains the OCR, it controls who gets evicted and forces
the reboots of those evicted nodes when that happens, ther are a numbe
of other important tasks that it also does.

If you have an OS cluster package like Vertitas then you need to have
clusterware and they link up to each other to mange the system as a
whole.

Yes you need a voting disk and OCR see above the OCR is part of
clusterware

The private network which is the cache interconnect is a requirement. If
this fails the clusterware determines the host or hosts that will stay
and be evicted in this failure. The network can be Ethernet, but check
the install guide for your platform to see what is required.

HTH

Cheers

--
Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>