RE: oracle_home

  • From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>, "fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx" <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>, jpatterson@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 11:57:13 -0700 (PDT)

# I have come to use my own version of oraenv;  oraenvset as a replacement.
oraenv has a spot for customizations, but then you have to be careful with
root.sh.    All my scripts call it, and I never have to worry about whether the
sysadmin replaces oraenv.

Yup similar setup here ... I never want to make any assumptions about what is
in place or not from oracle setting the environment.

Similarly I always rip out all the oracle restart functionality.  A really
really bad idea to try to startup anything automagically after a server reboot
at least in my opinion.

Well then you patch and you have to disable oracle restart again each time ...
like a zombie it tries to live again!