Re: normalization

  • From: "Ryan" <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <steve.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:16:41 -0500

Steve,

Do you know a way to take the data you presented and do a test to show how much additional CPU usage this will require under specific conditions?

if the trigger is fired 'X' number of times in a certain period, how much increased CPU will I need?
How much will this reduce response time and/or scalability?

If I was to present this to a manager, I would typically need to show something more tangible. Just because certain data elements that I gather from the data dictionary increase, does not mean it will cause a problem for us. So I would need to show realistic estimates.

any ideas on how to do this type of test?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Adams" <steve.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>