Re: long term archivelog retention

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:19:15 -0600

On 23/04/2013 6:46 AM, Niall Litchfield wrote:
> Oracle sell a product to address this requirement. It's name last time I
> looked was flashback data archive. It is however an extra cost option. I'd
> suggest pricing it up and approaching the business with the requirement for
> the licence. I can't recall which pack/option it is but I'm pretty sure the
> pm is on this list.

According to the Licensing doc
(http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e10594/options.htm#CIHDDBCG)
Flashback Data Archive is part of the "Oracle Advanced Compression"

Just remember that (so far) there is no ability to 'back fill' the
flashback archive to get/load history prior to enabling the feature.

/Hans