RE: data guard book

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 10:26:04 -0700

Greetings,

My coworker bought a copy of this book and although I haven't read it
the book appears to be based more on Oracle 9i although there is a
chapter on 10g Data Guard new features. Overall my impressions of
Rampant Press books is not that good, you can do better elsewhere. That
is solely my opinion. If you are looking for something beyond the Oracle
docs there are several white papers available on technet and the Oracle
Press book High Availability has a decent chapter on Data Guard.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center