RE: direct load and direct load unrecoverable

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:43:16 -0400

Gene,

Unrecoverable is a synonym for nologging.  Direct loads can be logging or
nologging.  Logging direct loads are recoverable.  Nologging direct loads are
not recoverable, which is where the term unrecoverable comes from.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies

ProQuest...Start here.