Re: cross platform incremental backup on non exadata platform.

  • From: "Mladen Gogala" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mgogala@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 13:39:08 -0400

On 03/19/2015 11:53 AM, max scalf wrote:
… and yes the procedure works - it even worked before Oracle officially changed this MOS note. Martin Bach also did a webinar about this topic with a corresponding demo (without Exadata): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WOFjEDtLW8

The video is completely useless. With all due respect to Martin Bach, he didn't even mention transporting the tablespaces until 30 minutes into the video. I learned about the differences between Unix and Linux, Gulliver's Travels and that SPARC sales are picking up, but no usable example of the procedure was given for the 1st 45 minutes of the video. I could not watch it any further.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA