Re: cross platform incremental backup on non exadata platform.

  • From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:57:51 +0100

Mladen,

with all due respect IMHO you are heavily overestimating your abilities comparing yourself to Martin. If you believe that is an insult I would say that illustrates what I said.

Thanks

Lothar

On 19.03.2015 19:17, Mladen Gogala (Redacted sender mgogala@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
On 03/19/2015 02:07 PM, Tanel Poder wrote:
Mladen,

Looks like your video fast forwarding skills are completely useless too.

Maybe, but I don't know when does the interesting part start? It's not in the first 45 minutes. Videos about rman should not start with Adam and Eve, at least in my humble opinion.

--
Tanel

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Mladen Gogala <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 03/19/2015 11:53 AM, max scalf wrote:

        … and yes the procedure works - it even worked before Oracle
        officially changed this MOS note. Martin Bach also did a
        webinar about this topic with a
        corresponding demo (without Exadata):
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WOFjEDtLW8

    The video is completely useless. With all due respect to Martin
    Bach, he didn't even mention transporting the tablespaces until
    30 minutes into the video. I learned about the differences
    between Unix and Linux, Gulliver's Travels and that SPARC sales
    are picking up, but no usable example of the procedure was given
    for the 1st 45 minutes of the video. I could not watch it any
    further.

-- Mladen Gogala
    Oracle DBA
    http://mgogala.freehostia.com