Re: cross platform incremental backup on non exadata platform.

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 15:52:33 +0000

Hello,

I developed my own method based on MOS note and Martin post.

http://oracleprof.blogspot.ie/2014/08/crossplatform-transportable-tablespaces.html

Basically I was using a existing data file backup to start conversion
process and then end up with
TTS export/import.

If you want to clone production and then migrate clone DB into Linux -
Delphix has a solution which can help you save time and resources there.

http://blog.delphix.com/kyle/2014/delphix-unix-linux-oracle-conversion/

regards,
Marcin

--