Re: When stats trash your performance

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joshic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 09:31:46 +0000

On 08/12/05, Charudatta Joshi <joshic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stephen, have you checked if the person gathering stats had exported the
> earlier ones by any chance? Also, there might be chance of getting the
> original stats from your last backup, if you can restore it on a
> different host.

From what I've been able to find out he used the analyze command and
didn't  backup the stats.  I backed up the stats and then deleted them
from the dictionary, invalidating all the plans.  Within minutes the
users were reporting much better performance on all but a couple of
reports.

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions.

Stephen

http://stephensorablog.blogspot.com/