Re: What is oracle internals ?!

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:49:19 -0600

I wouldn't call knowledge of V$ views 'internals'.   You can read that
online in the reference manual.

- Knowing why the V$ views are there and understanding the meaning of
the fields in detail - yes.
- Being able to understand and read contents of Session Trace files - yes.
- Knowing how consistent reads, undo and redo work - yes (light weight).
- Being able to recognize the subsystems from the function name when you
get an ORA-00600 - yes

And performing a colonoscopy using dtrace or odb - definitely

/Hans