Re: What is oracle internals ?!

  • From: Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:30:40 +0200

 > Hans Forbrich
 >                                              to:

> The 'best' consulting jobs: follow the guys who think "SQL is SQL.  If I
wrote it for SQLServer, it'll run on Oracle."

I've got an impression (which could be just my impression) that not so many
High Schools teach database (let it be Relational for that matter)
architecture. Quite often the training ends with SQL language teaching:
"write a query which returns employers paying a higher than average salary
in the industry." Normal forms are universaly touched too.
While in the real world a simple insert should raise questions in
developers mind like: insert must find a free space, hmmm.
Finding a free space for each insert for 100000 concurent users gonna be a
problem...
What are known generic algorithms in CS for this type of problem?
What are algorithms in RDBMS world ?
What does my database vendor use?
In Oracle world this type of information is almost officialy available or
easily deducible even from Oracle offial documentation, like Concepts
guide. Praise for Oracle: haven't often seen Concepts type of guide for
many systems, open source/freeware including.