Re: What is oracle internals ?!

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 06:20:38 -0600

The 'best' consulting jobs: follow the guys who think "SQL is SQL.  If I
wrote it for SQLServer, it'll run on Oracle."   Which might be true for
individual SQL statements but is a horrible assumption when dealing with
multi-statement flows and multi-user concurrent apps.

Since 'they' don't understand how it works 'under the covers', the code
will often use lots of techniques which kill performance in Oracle.

/Hans