RE: VMWARE's virtualization and processor licensing

  • From: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "William.Blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <William.Blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 13:06:48 +0000

Another important note on using VMWare (we do) is that Oracle does not fully
support it. If you have an issue and are running on VMWare you will need to
prove that you can reproduce the issue running on physical dedicated hardware
to get full support. Due to our use of VMWare in development and test, we are
putting a few physical servers in so we can move onto them when we do have
issues that require support.