Re: VIPCA can't work manually at installing RAC 10g

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: m_etrib@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 15:31:26 +0200

Mostafa,
vipca and srvctl set the ld_assume_kernel in the script itself. You need to comment out the lines that set the variable in the script.
You can find details here:
http://mpoojari.wordpress.com/?s=vipca

Harel Safra

On 04/12/2010 12:14, Mostafa Eletriby wrote:
Hello DBAs,

I have a problem at running VIPCA manually at installing RAC 10g environment

Platform: OEL 5.2
RAC: 10gR2

[root@rac2 bin]# pwd
/u01/crs/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin
[root@rac2 bin]# ./vipca

/u01/crs/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/jdk/jre//bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[root@rac2 bin]#

I have checked existence of LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable in my environment
(after unsetting it):
echo $LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

And output is black which assure that it is unset.

Also I followed this document that may solve the problem but no solution.

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1615978&#1615978 <http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1615978&#1615978>

It is a bug at oracle & has many workarounds as I see.
Please try to solve my problem, & advice me how to undo any changes I made at environment files.

Thanks a lot.