VIPCA can't work manually at installing RAC 10g

  • From: Mostafa Eletriby <m_etrib@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 02:14:48 -0800 (PST)

Hello DBAs,

I have a problem at running VIPCA manually at installing RAC 10g environment

Platform: OEL 5.2
RAC: 10gR2

[root@rac2 bin]# pwd
/u01/crs/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/bin
[root@rac2 bin]# ./vipca

/u01/crs/oracle/product/10.2.0/crs/jdk/jre//bin/java: error while loading
shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

[root@rac2 bin]#

I have checked existence of LD_ASSUME_KERNEL variable in my environment
(after unsetting it):

echo $LD_ASSUME_KERNEL

And output is black which assure that it is unset.

Also I followed this document that may solve the problem but no solution.

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1615978&#1615978

It is a bug at oracle & has many workarounds as I see.

Please try to solve my problem, & advice me how to undo any changes I made at
environment files.

Thanks a lot.