VB/ADO/RDO/DAO/OHNO/UHOH and transactions

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:44:43 -0500

Hey all,

After an interesting TAR on why an SMON process would be eating up 250MB =
of memory, I find that we may need to adjust the transactions on our VB =
programs.  Seeing as the only VB I've done consisted of a full-screen =
button that said "Click Me", I have no clue as to how transactions are =
handled in the various DB interfaces like ADO, RDO, DAO, or whatever =
we're using.

Anyone know a good online resource for this?  Google has oodles of =
fragments, but I don't know enough to know which might be "better".  It =
would also help if I knew what DB library(ies) we're using...  <blush>

TIA,
Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA